Autodesk 3ds Max Training - Beginner
Duration: 3 days
Cost (ex VAT)
Book / Enquire
Overview of the course
This course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of 3D environment, creating realistic models, working with cameras, lights and different textures in 3ds Max. You will familiarise yourself with some of the key concepts and terminology with the help of our industry expert instructors.
DOCKLANDS MEDIA PROMISE
We are committed to providing you with the best possible Autodesk 3ds Max training experience. That’s why we have a number of options to make the whole training process more manageable and put your mind at ease. Simply put, we want ensure that you actually learn 3ds Max inside out. All you need to do is to focus on the learning part, rather than worrying about the small details. We take care of those. Here’s how:
Attend in Person or Online
You can choose to attend your 3ds Max training course either in person, or as an online student. If you would like to attend in person, you would physically be in the classroom where the training takes place. The training sessions are held at our centrally located Canary Wharf training studios in London. If you wish to attend the training from your home or office, you would be connected to the same classroom over the internet and follow the exact same class as you would do in person. You would be able to see and hear your instructors as well as their monitors and ask any questions, like you would if you were physically there.
Post-Course Support with Free Training Videos
After attending a classroom, private or online 3ds Max training course with Docklands Media, you will have free access to our extensive online training video library for seven days. At the end of this period, you can continue to watch the training videos at your own pace by becoming a member for a small monthly fee. All of our online training videos are produced by our instructors in partnership with digidemy.com
If you are not truly satisfied with your Autodesk 3ds Max training course, neither are we. Let us know on the first day of the course and we will go the extra mile to make things right. If you are still not happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
Funding your 3ds Max Course
We understand that it may not always be very easy to pay for your Autodesk 3ds Max training upfront. That’s why we offer a payment plan, which allows you to spread the payment of your training over 3 months with 2.% interest, 6 months with 5% interest or 12 months with only 10% interest.
24-Month Free Class Retake
Once you complete your 3ds Max course, you can come back and attend the same training session(s) that you’ve completed to within 24 months. This is especially useful when a new version of 3ds Max is released, and you would like to retrain on the most up-to-date version of the software. Otherwise, you can just come and resit the same course to refresh your skills.
After your 3ds Max training, you will have access to our email and telephone support for a lifetime. You can contact us for any technical questions related to what you’ve learned on your 3ds Max course. We aim to get back to you with an answer within one business day.
If you are working on a specific project, or would like to learn a certain aspect of 3ds Max, we can arrange a Tailored Training course for you. Our highly skilled advisors sit together with our Autodesk Certified 3ds Max instructors to create a custom course outline for you, based on your needs. We then can prepare the course, which can be run at our training studios in London or online, as well as your own premises both in the U.K. and abroad. We’ve trained individuals and companies from more than 25 countries worldwide.
This course is for…
Those with no or little knowledge of the software and want to get to grips with the foundations of Autodesk 3ds Max.
You do not need any prior knowledge of the software, in order to attend this course. However, you should have a basic understanding of your computer’s operating system – such as launching an application, creating folders, saving files and copying them onto a different drive.
About the application
Autodesk 3ds Max is a powerful software that lets you create 3D computer graphics, animations, models and renders. It is mostly used for adverts, video games and architectural visualisations. Also the high-end broadcasters and filmmakers employ this tool to create engaging visual materials.
- Project folder
- Setting up the initial setting for the software
- Navigation tools
- Selection tools
- Scene explorer
- System and display units
- Manipulation tools: move, rotate, scale, select and place, select and rotate, align
- Viewports and view styles
- Modelling techniques
- Cloning and object
- Working with parametric geometries
- Modelling objects with parametric geometries and modifiers
- Basic modifiers for geometries: bend, twist, taper, lattice, FFD, noise
- Introduction to the modifier Edit poly
- Working with Shapes
- Basic modifiers for shapes: extrude, sweep, lathe
- Working with groups
- Working with snaps
- Recap of day one
- Modelling objects with geometries and shapes with modifiers
- Understanding the difference between instance and reference
- Importing technical drawings from AutoCAD to generate 3D models in 3DS MAX
- Working with Pro-Booleans (union, subtraction and intersection)
- Generating shapes out of geometries with the section shape
- Working with Doors and Windows
- Working with layers and the scene explorer.
- Importing 3D models from another 3DS MAX file
- Working with editable poly objects and the modifier edit poly
- Mesh modelling technique
- Introduction to Materials
- Setting up the renderer
- Material editor’s interface
- Working with materials and maps
- Working with materials: standard, multi/sub-object, arch and design, Autodesk materials
- Understanding material channels: diffuse colour, bump, reflection, refraction, opacity, self-illumination, alpha
- Working with maps: bitmap, checker, gradient, mix, raytrace, tiles, environment/background switcher
- Showing materials in viewport
- Wrapping and scaling materials with UVW Map
- Applying multiple materials to one object
- Saving, exporting and importing materials libraries
- Setting up and environment map
- Working with cameras (physical and standard)
- Understanding daylight systems
- Understanding Interior light types
- Understanding studio light for rendering products
- Understanding global illumination
- Understanding exposure controls
- Working with photometric and standard lights
- Understanding self-illuminated materials
- Render a scene with daylight
- Render a scene with interior light
- Render a scene with studio light
- Basic concepts of animations
- Understanding the timeline and the player
- First animation, Creating Keyframes with Auto KEY and Set KEY
- Key filters
- Working with the track view (curve editor and dope sheet)
- Path constrain. Animating an object (geometry, camera, light etc…) along a path
- Creating a walkthrough
- Render setting for animations
- How to preview your animation and save it as a video
The next available dates for the 3ds Max Beginner course are:
- 29 November 2021
- 07 February 2022
- 21 March 2022
- 23 May 2022
- 04 July 2022
- 22 August 2022
- 03 October 2022
- 05 December 2022
If you are not able to attend the course on these dates, please get in touch with us to arrange a Tailored Training session that suits your schedule, including evenings and weekends.
If you make a booking for three or more people to the same course, you can claim an additional 15% discount for each student from the original price of this course.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can claim an additional 15% discount on all our courses.
Our Training Credits Scheme is the most cost-effective way to train your entire team. With this scheme, you buy training days up front and use them over one year. To see full details, visit our Training Credits Page.
If you book this course at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all university students and those who work as freelancers.
Use the form below to make an enquiry about this course or to make a booking. One of our consultants will respond to your enquiry immediately during usual business hours.