ActionScript Training - Beginner
Duration: 2 days
Cost (ex VAT)
Book / Enquire
Overview of the course
This course is designed to teach you the basics of ActionScript and show you the endless possibilities. You will learn the fundamentals of this language and familiarise yourself with the terminology that surrounds it. If you already know how to use Flash and now want to get to grips with object-oriented programming, then this course is for you!
This course is for…
Those who already have a solid understanding of how Adobe Flash works and now want to improve their skills by adding richer interactivity through the use of ActionScript.
About the application
ActionScript lets you design and code your own website, using complex interactions and it is primarily used for the development of websites and applications targeting the Adobe Flash Player platform. When working with Flash has its limitations, ActionScript takes over and lets you create almost any type of interactivity you can imagine.
- Key concepts and terminology
- Why use ActionScript?
- What is a syntax?
- Adding comments
- Working with variables
- Data types
- Breakpoints, debugging and downloads
- Understanding the instances
- Using code snippets
- Placing code on the timeline
- Frame rate, full screen, display state
- Conditional statements
- Working with event listeners
- Event handling functions
- Stopping the movie
- Customising the pointer
- Mouse down/up states
- Drag and drop action
- Creating a list of component instance
- Adding an instance of the UILoader Component
- Adding Change Event Listener
- Adding scrollbars to the text field
- Tools in the Testing Environment
- Creating a text field and progress bar to track loading
- Inserting ActionScript to track progress of the UILoader Component
- Creating a TLF Text Field
- Loading an external text file
- Using the TextFormat Class
- Giving the user a custom panel to format text
- Controlling sound with ActionScript
- The Sound, SoundChannel, SoundTransform Classes
- Adding the FLVPlayback Component
- Adding ActionScript to control the FLVPlayback properties
- Using cue points with Flash videos
- Full screen publishing settings
If you make a booking for three or more people to the same course, you can claim an additional 15% discount for each student from the original price of this course.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can claim an additional 15% discount on all our courses.
Our Training Credits Scheme is the most cost-effective way to train your entire team. With this scheme, you buy training days up front and use them over one year. To see full details, visit our Training Credits Page.
If you book this course at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all university students and those who work as freelancers.
Use the form below to make an enquiry about this course or to make a booking. One of our consultants will respond to your enquiry immediately during usual business hours.