Adobe Illustrator Certification - ACE
Duration: 2 hours
Cost (ex VAT)
Book / Enquire
Adobe Certification: Opening Doors of Opportunity
Becoming an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) gives you a clear and focused way to tell the world about your expertise and communicate your proficiency in leading products from Adobe. Achieving the ACE status gives you advanced skills recognised and respected by employers. By proving your expertise with Adobe solutions, you demonstrate your commitment to advancing your skills and taking on greater challenges.
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE): Illustrator
Adobe software sets the worlds standard in powerful digital design tools. And while users enjoy creative freedom and precise control in bringing high-impact digital communications to life, students who certify proficiency in Adobe software enjoy the added opportunity to prove their expertise.
Illustrator CC exam audience are individuals who have a minimum of three years as a graphic designer or illustrator, with experience in conceptual design and creation of final artwork for print and interactive output. You should be able to efficiently create 2D illustrations, text treatments, and precise vector layouts. Candidates should also be familiar with tablet input devices, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Stand Out From the Crowd
The ACE certification proves your efficiency and expertise at an advanced level. Adobe’s ACE certifications are based on research about digital communication skills required by industry, government, and education. The exam objectives reflect the expertise needed to be successful communicators in today’s digital world. This industry-recognised certification program ensures that you are acquiring the knowledge and abilities valued in today’s workplace.
The following are typical tasks that you should already be able to perform:
– Create rough and finished designs for logos, icons, and other artwork, including managing appearance and isolation mode
– Trace scanned or photographed artwork in order to use it in final artwork
– Create multiple comps for a given assignment
– Work with multiple artboards
– Familiar with and can navigate the Illustrator user interface and document window
– Create and use custom brushes
– Build and use patterns and symbols
– Analyse and edit artwork built by another user
– Manage raster effects and settings
– Format and manipulate type
Exam topics include:
Building Illustrator Documents
– Customise the workspace
– Create artboards
– View artwork
– Save and export documents
– Behance Integration
– Draw basic shapes
– Edit paths
– Combine objects
– Draw in perspective
– Work with symbols
Managing and Transforming Objects
– Use rulers, grids, and guides
– Group objects and paths
– Create and use layers
– Use isolation mode
– Position multiple objects precisely
– Apply fills and strokes
– Work with Live Paint groups
– Work with brushes
– Work with transparency and blending modes
– Create and use gradients
– Create and use meshes
– Create and use patterns
Working with Colour
– Apply colours and swatches
– Work with Colour Groups
– Adjust Colour
– Set Fill and Stroke Overprint
Working with Type
– Add text and type
– Set text on a path
– Transform characters and type blocks
– Work with fonts and special characters
– Format type
– Create and apply character and paragraph styles
Applying Object Effects
– Mask objects
– Create and use appearance attributes
– Document Raster Effect Settings
– Create and apply drop shadows, glows, and feathering
– Copy formatting between objects
Working with Placed Graphics
– Place Graphics from other applications
– Links Panel
– Trace artwork with Image TraceUse Path, Corner, and Noise reduction options
– Sample colours from placed images
– Package Files
Working with Web Graphics
– Draw pixel‐aligned paths for Web workflows
– Create Web graphics
– Use SVG
– Extract CSS Properties
– Set up documents for printing
– Print colour separations
– Print gradients, meshes, and colour bleeds
– Print and save transparent artwork
The ACE exams are run on a regular basis. Please contact us to find out more about the dates and available time slots.
If you make a booking for three or more people to take the same exam, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Training credits do not apply for certification exams.
If you book this exam at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all students and those who work as freelancers.
Use the form below to make an enquiry about this course or to make a booking. One of our consultants will respond to your enquiry immediately during usual business hours.