Duration: 2 days
Overview of the course
This course is for…
Those who are looking to expand their web design skills by adding logic to their codes and making their web sites and apps more intuitive for the end users.
Although it is not compulsory, we recommend that you have a basic understanding of a mark-up language, such as HTML, before attending this course.
About the application
- Key concepts and terminology
- Creating functions
- Calling functions
- Returning values
- How do objects work?
- Methods and properties
- Object hierarchy
- The implicit window object
- Event handlers
- Setting focus on a field
- Blocking a field from being edited
- Setting field values based on user input
- Basic validation
- Using onMouseOver, onMouseOut, onClick
- Conditional navigation
- Dynamically swapping one or more images on a page based on mouse position
- Building a jump menu
- Navigating the user to a specific page based on their input in a form
- The advantages and disadvantages of having JS open other windows
- Generating and sizing child windows
- Communication between the child and parent windows
If you make a booking for three or more people to the same course, you can claim an additional 15% discount for each student from the original price of this course.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can claim an additional 15% discount on all our courses.
Our Training Credits Scheme is the most cost-effective way to train your entire team. With this scheme, you buy training days up front and use them over one year. To see full details, visit our Training Credits Page.
If you book this course at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all university students and those who work as freelancers.