Live Online 3ds Max Training
Level: Beginner to Advanced
Duration: 5 to 8 days
Cost (ex VAT)
Online: £635 to £1045
Book / Enquire
Overview of the 3ds Max Online Training Course
Join one of our live 3ds Max classroom training sessions as a remote student over the internet. Our online training courses are ideal for those who find it difficult to travel to our training facilities. You will attend a classroom training which takes place at one of our training centres with real instructors and students without leaving your home or office. You will have the opportunity to interact with your instructors, ask questions, follow demonstrations, hear and see your fellow students just like you would if you were physically in the classroom. It’s exactly like being in a classroom, without the cost of travel and accommodation. Plus the cost of the online training is lower than the traditional classroom training courses. You can attend the following Autodesk 3ds Max courses as an online student: 3ds Max Beginner, 3ds Max Intermediate and 3ds Max Fast Track Silver.
HOW IT WORKS
Using a dedicated technology, we link you to your scheduled 3ds Max training course as it takes place live at our training facilities. Traditionally, a training day starts at 10am and runs until 4:30pm, which is when you need to be in front of your computer. You will be following your instructor’s monitor as the demonstrations take place, you will then practice what you’ve learned on your own computer. Along the way, you will be able to interact with your instructor, ask questions as well as take part in discussions during the training. If you get stuck, your instructor can take control of your mouse and show you the right way of completing a specific task.
The Online Autodesk 3ds Max courses are live and interactive.
Almost all modern computers nowadays will have sufficient technology for the live training courses. However, to ensure you get the most out of your online training experience, there are a few things to keep in mind. In order to attend one of the 3ds Max courses as an online student, you need to have a decent broadband connection (a connection that’s good enough for a traditional HD video call will suffice). You will also need a pair of headphones or speakers as well as a microphone.
Although not compulsory, you are advised to have a dual-monitor setup. Ideally, you would be following your instructor from one monitor and use the other monitor to practice the tools you are taught. As an alternative, you can use a single monitor and split it into two sections.
You will need to have either the full version of Autodesk 3ds Max or a free trial installed on your computer for the duration of the training.
DOCKLANDS MEDIA PROMISE
As an online student, you have the same level of benefits as our traditional students. We are committed to providing you with the best possible Autodesk 3ds Max training experience, be it online or in person. That’s why we have a number of options to make the whole training process more manageable and put your mind at ease. Simply put, we want ensure that you actually learn 3ds Max inside out. All you need to do is to focus on the learning part, rather than worrying about the small details. We take care of those. Here’s how:
If you are not truly satisfied with your Online Autodesk 3ds Max training course, neither are we. Let us know on the first day of the course and we will go the extra mile to make things right. If you are still not happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
Funding your 3ds Max Course
We understand that it may not always be very easy to pay for your Autodesk 3ds Max training upfront. That’s why we offer a payment plan, which allows you to spread the payment of your training over 6 months with no interest or 12 months with only 10% interest.
24-Month Free Class Retake
Once you complete your 3ds Max course, you can come back and attend the same training session(s) that you’ve completed to within 24 months. This is especially useful when a new version of 3ds Max is released, and you would like to retrain on the most up-to-date version of the software. Otherwise, you can just come and resit the same course to refresh your skills.
After your 3ds Max training, you will have access to our email and telephone support for a lifetime. You can contact us for any technical questions related to what you’ve learned on your 3ds Max course. We aim to get back to you with an answer within one business day.
If you are working on a specific project, or would like to learn a certain aspect of 3ds Max, we can arrange a Tailored Training course for you. Our highly skilled advisors sit together with our Autodesk Certified 3ds Max instructors to create a custom course outline for you, based on your needs. We then can prepare the course, which can be run at our training studios in London or online, as well as your own premises both in the U.K. and abroad. We’ve trained individuals and companies from more than 25 countries worldwide.
About the application
Autodesk 3ds Max is a powerful software that lets you create 3D computer graphics, animations, models and renders. It is mostly used for adverts, video games and architectural visualisations. Also the high-end broadcasters and filmmakers employ this tool to create engaging visual materials.
3DS MAX BEGINNER
- Project folder
- Setting up the initial setting for the software
- Navigation tools
- Selection tools
- Scene explorer
- System and display units
- Manipulation tools: move, rotate, scale, select and place, select and rotate, align
- Viewports and view styles
- Modelling techniques
- Cloning and object
- Working with parametric geometries
- Modelling objects with parametric geometries and modifiers
- Basic modifiers for geometries: bend, twist, taper, lattice, FFD, noise
- Introduction to the modifier Edit poly
- Working with Shapes
- Basic modifiers for shapes: extrude, sweep, lathe
- Working with groups
- Working with snaps
- Recap of day one
- Modelling objects with geometries and shapes with modifiers
- Understanding the difference between instance and reference
- Importing technical drawings from AutoCAD to generate 3D models in 3DS MAX
- Working with Pro-Booleans (union, subtraction and intersection)
- Generating shapes out of geometries with the section shape
- Working with Doors and Windows
- Working with layers and the scene explorer.
- Importing 3D models from another 3DS MAX file
- Working with editable poly objects and the modifier edit poly
- Mesh modelling technique
- Introduction to Materials
- Setting up the renderer
- Material editor’s interface
- Working with materials and maps
- Working with materials: standard, multi/sub-object, arch and design, Autodesk materials
- Understanding material channels: diffuse colour, bump, reflection, refraction, opacity, self-illumination, alpha
- Working with maps: bitmap, checker, gradient, mix, raytrace, tiles, environment/background switcher
- Showing materials in viewport
- Wrapping and scaling materials with UVW Map
- Applying multiple materials to one object
- Saving, exporting and importing materials libraries
- Setting up and environment map
- Working with cameras (physical and standard)
- Understanding daylight systems
- Understanding Interior light types
- Understanding studio light for rendering products
- Understanding global illumination
- Understanding exposure controls
- Working with photometric and standard lights
- Understanding self-illuminated materials
- Render a scene with daylight
- Render a scene with interior light
- Render a scene with studio light
- Basic concepts of animations
- Understanding the timeline and the player
- First animation, Creating Keyframes with Auto KEY and Set KEY
- Key filters
- Working with the track view (curve editor and dope sheet)
- Path constrain. Animating an object (geometry, camera, light etc…) along a path
- Creating a walkthrough
- Render setting for animations
- How to preview your animation and save it as a video
3DS MAX INTERMEDIATE
- Dynamic simulations with MASSFX
- Rigid bodies, soft bodies and cloth
- Record the simulated animation into your models
- Use MASSFX to model more organic model such as fabrics and cushions
- Modelling complex models with Edit poly and edge copying techniques
- Advance mapping techniques with unwrap UVW modifier
- Pelt map
- UV editor
- Perspective match utility for perfect alignment between the 3D model and the background image
- Particle simulation
- Non-event driven particles and event driven particles
- Particle view editor
- Character rigging with CAT objects
- Inverse kinematics
- Parameter collector
You can attend the beginner or intermediate levels (or a combination of them) during the following dates:
- 09 April 2018
- 23 April 2018
- 21 May 2018
- 09 July 2018
- 20 August 2018
- 01 October 2018
- 25 April 2018
- 16 May 2018
- 18 July 2018
- 29 August 2018
- 07 November 2018
If you are not able to attend the course on these dates, please get in touch with us to arrange a Tailored Training session that suits your schedule, including evenings and weekends.
If you make a booking for three or more people to the same course, you can claim an additional 15% discount for each student from the original price of this course.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
Education and Non-profit Organisation discounts is not available for this online training course.
Our Training Credits Scheme is the most cost-effective way to train your entire team. With this scheme, you buy training days up front and use them over one year. To see full details, visit our Training Credits Page.
If you book this course at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
Student & Freelancer discount is not available for this online training course.
Use the form below to make an enquiry about this course or to make a booking. One of our consultants will respond to your enquiry immediately during usual business hours.