ActionScript Training - Fast Track Silver
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Duration: 5 days
Overview of the course
ActionScript Fast Track – Silver is a combination of the Beginner and Intermediate courses. If you want to get to grips with this powerful programming language in a short period of time, then this course is ideal for you. You will learn all the fundamentals of ActionScript and be able to enhance your projects with advanced interactions.
This course is for…
Those who already have a solid understanding of how Adobe Flash works and now want to improve their skills by adding richer interactivity through the use of ActionScript.
About the application
ActionScript lets you design and code your own website, using complex interactions and it is primarily used for the development of websites and applications targeting the Adobe Flash Player platform. When working with Flash has its limitations, ActionScript takes over and lets you create almost any type of interactivity you can imagine.
- Document Class
- SWC Compilation
- Flash/Flex integration
- What are design patterns?
- Implementing design patterns
- Creating the design
- Working with children
- Rollover interactions
- Previewing a product
- Dispatch from a view
- Constructing the component
- Data from HTML into the movie
- Working with XML filenames
- Breakpoints and debugging
- Designing the player
- Creating the events
- Loading and playing sound
- id3 tag
- Controlling the audio levels
- Adding and removing a pop-up
- Applying a transition to pop-ups
- Key concepts and terminology
- Why use ActionScript?
- What is a syntax?
- Adding comments
- Working with variables
- Data types
- Breakpoints, debugging and downloads
- Understanding the instances
- Using code snippets
- Placing code on the timeline
- Frame rate, full screen, display state
- Conditional statements
- Working with event listeners
- Event handling functions
- Stopping the movie
- Customising the pointer
- Mouse down/up states
- Drag and drop action
- Creating a list of component instance
- Adding an instance of the UILoader Component
- Adding Change Event Listener
- Adding scrollbars to the text field
- Tools in the Testing Environment
- Creating a text field and progress bar to track loading
- Inserting ActionScript to track progress of the UILoader Component
- Creating a TLF Text Field
- Loading an external text file
- Using the TextFormat Class
- Giving the user a custom panel to format text
- Controlling sound with ActionScript
- The Sound, SoundChannel, SoundTransform Classes
- Adding the FLVPlayback Component
- Adding ActionScript to control the FLVPlayback properties
- Using cue points with Flash videos
- Full screen publishing settings
If you make a booking for three or more people to the same course, you can claim an additional 15% discount for each student from the original price of this course.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can claim an additional 15% discount on all our courses.
Our Training Credits Scheme is the most cost-effective way to train your entire team. With this scheme, you buy training days up front and use them over one year. To see full details, visit our Training Credits Page.
If you book this course at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all university students and those who work as freelancers.