Adobe Photoshop Certification - ACE
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: £175 or £75 with any course
Adobe Certification: Opening Doors of Opportunity
Becoming an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) gives you a clear and focused way to tell the world about your expertise and communicate your proficiency in leading products from Adobe. Achieving the ACE status gives you advanced skills recognised and respected by employers. By proving your expertise with Adobe solutions, you demonstrate your commitment to advancing your skills and taking on greater challenges.
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE): Photoshop
Adobe software sets the worlds standard in powerful digital design tools. And while users enjoy creative freedom and precise control in bringing high-impact digital communications to life, students who certify proficiency in Adobe software enjoy the added opportunity to prove their expertise.
A typical candidate would have a minimum of 2 years’ experience using Adobe Photoshop in a digital imaging/design environment. You may be responsible for digital asset management, production, and execution of projects in the fields of (but not limited to): photographic art, advertising design, photojournalism, news and media production, new media (Internet, Social, Mobile), and video. Candidates should also be familiar with Camera Raw, Adobe Bridge and Mini Bridge.
Stand Out From the Crowd
The ACE certification proves your efficiency and expertise at an advanced level. Adobe’s ACE certifications are based on research about digital communication skills required by industry, government, and education. The exam objectives reflect the expertise needed to be successful communicators in today’s digital world. This industry-recognised certification program ensures that you are acquiring the knowledge and abilities valued in today’s workplace.
The following are typical tasks that you should already be able to perform:
– Customising the Photoshop work environment (workspaces, menus, presets)
– Organising individual Photoshop files using best practices for layer organisations (layer sets, naming of layers)
– Applying global tonal and colour corrections to images
– Applying local image editing and retouching
– Organising image data for easy retrieval
– Analysing available file formats and determining format needed based on intent needs (Web, video, offset press, etc.)
– Basic understanding of masking techniques
– Understanding of pixel and vector-based tools
Exam topics may include:
Getting Images into Photoshop
– Working with Bridge
– Importing and opening images
Navigating and Customising the User Interface (UI)
– Working with panels and menus
– Using workspaces
Understanding Tools and Tool Settings
– Choosing an appropriate tool
– Adjusting tool settings
Creating and Working with Layers
– Understanding layer concepts
– Working with blending modes and opacity
– Using layer masks
– Filter layers
– Applying layer styles
– Cropping images
– Resizing images
– Straightening images
Applying Global Tonal and Colour Adjustments to Images
– Working with tools to retouch an image
– Working with tools to adjust the tone of an image
Working with Filters
– Understanding and working with Smart filters
Using Pixel and Vector-Based Tools
– Understanding the differences between pixel and vector tools
– Understanding available methods for creating selections
– Editing selections
Getting Images Out of Photoshop
– Printing images from Photoshop
– Understanding file formats when saving images
The ACE exams are run on a regular basis. Please contact us to find out more about the dates and available time slots.
If you make a booking for three or more people to take the same exam, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Training credits do not apply for certification exams.
If you book this exam at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all students and those who work as freelancers.