Adobe InDesign Certification - ACE
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: £175 or £75 with any course
Adobe Certification: Opening Doors of Opportunity
Becoming an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) gives you a clear and focused way to tell the world about your expertise and communicate your proficiency in leading products from Adobe. Achieving the ACE status gives you advanced skills recognised and respected by employers. By proving your expertise with Adobe solutions, you demonstrate your commitment to advancing your skills and taking on greater challenges.
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE): InDesign
Adobe software sets the worlds standard in powerful digital design tools. And while users enjoy creative freedom and precise control in bringing high-impact digital communications to life, students who certify proficiency in Adobe software enjoy the added opportunity to prove their expertise.
Typical candidates are individuals who have a minimum of two years page layout experience and also has some experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional. They can manage a team of entry-level production artists, can answer questions, and suggest productivity enhancements.
Stand Out From the Crowd
The ACE certification proves your efficiency and expertise at an advanced level. Adobe’s ACE certifications are based on research about digital communication skills required by industry, government, and education. The exam objectives reflect the expertise needed to be successful communicators in today’s digital world. This industry-recognised certification program ensures that you are acquiring the knowledge and abilities valued in today’s workplace.
The following are typical tasks that you should already be able to perform:
– Create short and long documents with both text and graphics
– Familiar with and can navigate the InDesign user interface and document window
– Add basic interactive features to documents
– Export high quality PDF documents appropriate for print and interactive purposes
– Can troubleshoot issues related to page layout
– Analyze and work with documents built by another user
Exam topics may include:
Laying out a Document
– Choose default preferences and settings
– Create a new document with appropriate settings
– Navigating and viewing documents
– Construct a flexible foundation for a multi‐page document
– Precisely position objects on a page
– Modify and transform objects
– Ensure the consistency of object formatting throughout a document or publication
– Build a document with alternate layouts and page sizes
– Create a data‐driven document
Working with Text
– Create and position text in a frame and on a path
– Manage text flow
– Import and edit text
– Insert special characters
– Apply formatting manually and automatically
– Create tables
– Add long document features
– Place and alter graphics
– Work with linked files
– Adjust graphic formatting and display
Understanding Color and Transparency
– Create and apply colors
– Work with gradients
– Apply transparency
– Color and ink management
Building Interactive Documents
– Add interactive objects and behaviors
– Adjust interactive behaviors
– Preview and Export interactive documents
Preparing Documents for Final Output
– Preflight documents
– Export PDF for print output
– Print documents
– Exam Preparation Checklist
The ACE exams are run on a regular basis. Please contact us to find out more about the dates and available time slots.
If you make a booking for three or more people to take the same exam, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Training credits do not apply for certification exams.
If you book this exam at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all students and those who work as freelancers.