Adobe Illustrator Certification - ACA
Duration: 1 hour
Cost: £175 or £75 with any course
Adobe Certification: Opening Doors of Opportunity
They say that opportunity knocks but once. Well, we politely beg to differ. With Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification, Docklands Media uniquely positions you for broad opportunities in today’s challenging job market. So when opportunity (cleverly disguised as a hiring manager) comes knocking—you’ll be ready.
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA): Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
Adobe software sets the worlds standard in powerful digital design tools. And while users enjoy creative freedom and precise control in bringing high-impact digital communications to life, students who certify proficiency in Adobe software enjoy the added opportunity to prove their expertise.
Stand Out From the Crowd
The ACA certification validates your technical abilities and demonstrates proficiency. Adobe’s ACA certifications are based on research about digital communication skills required by industry, government, and education. The exam objectives reflect the expertise needed to be successful communicators in today’s digital world. This industry-recognised certification program ensures that you are acquiring the knowledge and abilities valued in today’s workplace. For institutions seeking to keep curriculum vitalised and relevant, certification plays a critical role in bridging classroom learning to real world application.
Below is a list of topics that you are expected to know before taking the Adobe Illustrator ACA exam:
Setting Project Requirements
– Identifying purpose, audience, and audience needs for preparing graphics
– Standard copyright rules for artwork, graphics, and graphic use
– Project management tasks and responsibilities
– Communicating with others (such as peers and clients) about design plans
Identifying Design Elements Used When Preparing Graphics
– Understanding design principles, elements, and graphic composition
– Working with graphic resolution, graphic size, and graphic file formats for web, video, and print
– Understanding typography
– Using symbols and representative graphics
– Understanding key terminology when working with graphics
Understanding Adobe Illustrator
– Identify elements of the Illustrator user interface and demonstrate knowledge of their functions
– Using nonprinting design tools in the interface
– Understanding and selecting the appropriate features and options required to manage colour, pattern, and gradient swatches
– Understanding of vector drawing concepts
– Working with brushes, symbols, graphic styles, and patterns
– Working with layers and masks
– Importing, exporting, and saving files
Creating Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator
– How to create documents
– How to use drawing and shape tools
– How to use type tools
– How to use scanned or photographic images
– Creating realistic graphics
– How to modify and transform objects
Archiving, Exporting, and Publishing Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator
– Preparing graphics for web, print, and video
The ACA exams are run on a regular basis. Please contact us to find out more about the dates and available time slots.
If you make a booking for three or more people to take the same exam, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Education and Non-profit Organisations
If you are working for a non-profit organisation or an educational establishment, you can receive a 15% discount from the overall cost.
Training credits do not apply for certification exams.
If you book this exam at least three months in advance, you can claim 15% discount from the original price.
Students and Freelancers
We know how difficult it can be to try and self-fund a course – that’s why we introduced a 15% discount to all students and those who work as freelancers.